Gratitude 11/18


I can't believe how long it has been since I wrote you a letter! It seems like forever though it's barely a week. Thanks for taking care of mom this week. It's been an unusal week for me and yet through the whole thing I kept reminding myself that I had faith that whatever happened you were in charge and somehow I put my trust in you, that mom would be ok, my brothers would be ok and I would be ok. I know that mom has had a good life. Not without some sadness or hardship but yet so much laughter and love and joy that the comparison wouldn't even be worth the time. Thank you for providing so many happy years mom enjoyed with my dad. Thank you for letting me be with her and talk to her so often. If it's your will I would like to be able to spend more time with her while she around. I don't know how long that might be and while I don't like to think about not having her around I know that when the minutes have been used, and any of us have been able to give as much as you need us to give...well, then our time here is over. I hope that when mom's time comes that I can celebrate her life and grieve my loss appropriately. I hope that I remember that my thoughts ought to be happy not selfish. Please don't let her suffer and let her find calm and grace with you.
I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I have some fears about being alone...help me remember that I am never alone because I have your love. Help me be a good brother to Jim and John and help us to find strength and consolation with each other.
Thank you for helping me find laughter today, help me remember that this is not my world but yours. That I can find the most happiness by making this a better place to live for others and thus a better place for myself.
I love you and I'm grateful that I have the comforts I do when so many others have less than me. Please protect my brothers as they face their own fears. Help those around me to find some comfort in whatever form they need. Please be with Gigi and Amanda, Eric, Warren, Chandler, Richard, Phillip, Max and all my friends as they face the challenges that they walk through each day...I doubt I'd be the man I am today with your and their support and love. Help the addict who struggles without a solution.
Say hi to Jesus and the angels..
xx
Monty

No comments:

Post a Comment